Project B Spring Workshop - Christchurch
About this Event
What is Project B?
Be Bold! Be Brave! Be Part of..... Project B!
Project B is a range of initiatives that aim to widen access to dance for boys and encourage them to take up ballet. We issue a challenge to boys and
men all over the world to be part of Project B. We believe that dance is for everyone, regardless of age, sex or ability. We want to breakdown stereotypes
to show that dance is just as physical and demanding as many sports and is not just something girls do.
Project B Aims to:
- Increase the proportion of boys taking part in dance activities by 2020.
- Promote more male role models in dance.
- Fire boys imaginations with new dance partnerships inspired by sports and superheroes.
- Provide more boys only workshops and masterclasses, along with bursaries and financial support for regular tuition.
- Offer financial support to encourage more men to train as dance teachers, as well as new resources for existing teachers.
2019 Boys Only 2 Day Spring Workshop in Christchurch:
Date and Time: 9 - 10 October 2019- 9am-3:30pm
Location: Levings School of Dance, 96 Disraeli Street, Sydenham, Christchurch
Ages: 8 years - 18 years.
We are very excited to announce the dates for our Project B Spring Workshop. This two day workshop will include Ballet, Contemporary and Hip Hop;
and will focus on both technique and creativity. This workshop is open to all boys 8 - 18 regardless of their dance level and experience.
There will be challenges for the experienced dancers and opportunities for the newbies in both age groups: 8-12 & 13-18.
Please Note: Students do not need to be studying currently with an RAD studio or teacher.
Cost of Workshop also includes free Project B T-shirt (There is an opportunity to apply for financial assistance for the fees based on need
- to apply email:)